My powder coated wheels. Can't stand to look at them.

+ Reply to Thread

My powder coated wheels. Can't stand to look at them.

I just had the wheels professionally powder coated on the Panigale and I'm regretting the color I chose. It's a silver metallic with a high gloss clear coat. I was hoping it would come out more like polished aluminum. That's what I was trying to get. The shop did a fantastic job but ultimately it's my fault for the color choice. He did show me a sample and it looked good but not exactly what I was looking for but I went with it anyway. It looks more like light gray than silver. It's got silver flakes in the powder.
    Once the riding season is over I'm probably going to polish the wheels myself over the winter or find another powder coating shop that has the right color I'm looking for. I thought it would look better once everything was put together. Nope!!! Even my wife says there's something not right about it and she's encouraging me to have it re-done. I polished the wheels myself on my R6 and that took about 30 hours. It came out ok as long as you don't look too close.
    What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My powder coated wheels. Can't stand to look at them.-dsc02568.jpg   My powder coated wheels. Can't stand to look at them.-6-11-06-19.jpg   My powder coated wheels. Can't stand to look at them.-dsc02564.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

In the first pic, it shows as a white color, but I can see the silver color on the close up of the rear. The aluminum color doesn't translate well in the pics. Maybe post a pic with bike indoors or not in direct sunlight. Ultimately, it only matters what you think so if you don't like them, then change the color. If you think they look good, then who cares. Either way, it's a great bike. The lighter colored wheels do make the black stand out more. Nice bike.

WOW! This is something what i want, too!
    Mi página web kreditos247.es

5. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

Looks fantastic ! i want too!!

7. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.