Anyone try the comfort seat?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone try the comfort seat?

I find the stock seat a bit hard right where it counts... Anybody try the touring seat?

I hope it doesn't add too much bulk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

They are still back ordered in the states. I have one on order, loved the DP comfort seat on my 999 and had the DP Superpole on my 1198 which was great, this one looks like it should be good too, same shape just a bit more padding.

Ordered it Monday

After 100 miles on the bike I ordered the touring seat on monday. Will let you know how it feels.

However, I did a 250 mile day today on the stock seat and was pleased to discover that the discomfort of the stock seat went unnoticed after an hour or so. I am eagerly looking forward to another 250 miles in the mountains of W Va tomorrow and REALLY looking forward to getting the break in MXS done and the additional HP unleashed

Cheers

Bill

5. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bill 7 View Post
    After 100 miles on the bike I ordered the touring seat on monday. Will let you know how it feels.

However, I did a 250 mile day today on the stock seat and was pleased to discover that the discomfort of the stock seat went unnoticed after an hour or so. I am eagerly looking forward to another 250 miles in the mountains of W Va tomorrow and REALLY looking forward to getting the break in MXS done and the additional HP unleashed

Cheers

Bill
    Pardon my ignorance... but what is MXS?

I understood it as that you're eager to get past the break-in period but don't understand the MXS part.

So am I... have a long way to go, though. I just clocked 25km today. No time to go riding!

Hey DR

MXS. = maintenance. Abbreviation we used in the Air Force

In other news, just got word the seat is in ... So will be able to test it out for my ride to Deals Gap next week.

Cheers

Bill

just 100miles shy of my 600 needed, and I don't mind the seat at all. I might order the DP racing seat and see how that feels. I mean how often are you actually "Sitting" in the seat, I dunno about you but I'm AT LEAST half of my ass off the seat about 75% of the time gotta love living 30mins from twisty's galore.
    12' 1199 Tri
    08' 1100 Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
    just 100miles shy of my 600 needed, and I don't mind the seat at all. I might order the DP racing seat and see how that feels. I mean how often are you actually "Sitting" in the seat, I dunno about you but I'm AT LEAST half of my ass off the seat about 75% of the time gotta love living 30mins from twisty's galore.
    I use it as one of my daily commuters. It's only about 18km each way but in heavy traffic... so comfort seat would be convenient.

Hey DR

MXS. = maintenance. Abbreviation we used in the Air Force

In other news, just got word the seat is in ... So will be able to test it out for my ride to Deals Gap next week.

Cheers

Bill
    Keep us posted! Have a safe ride.

Cheers

Bill
    I was so hoping to get my 1199 before I went on my Gap trip. I'm there now, (awaiting a rain delay at McDs). Except for this rain delay it's been nice so far with the 1098. Haven't seen any 1199s yet. The "Leos" are sitting in one of two spots, near NC border and midway on the straight, and are only messing with the squids. In fact one pulled over and let me by. That's never ever happened to me before. I guess when you're cool to them, they treat with the same respect. I leave Friday a.m. Have a good trip, and be safe.
    Today...we ride!!!

Could always get the stock seat reupholstered if you are desperate.

Just got a ride in on my comfort seat today and it's fantastic, perfect ergos on the bike, looks amazing and much more comfortable than the stock one and yet is still easy to move around on and is nice and grippy, A+!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.