The official "Things to check on your new Pani during break-in" thread:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The official "Things to check on your new Pani during break-in" thread:

We have all been posting up various issues we have encountered during our run-in periods. I thought we could all try to recall them and briefly state them here so we have a central data base to turn to.

Post up any issue, both big and small, and your solutions, for it may save you and our brethren some headaches!

My findings were the base of mirror nuts and the front brake reservoir bracket base were loose. Blue loc-tite solved both. No other loosenings thus far.

One other issue was the brake lever assembly was rotated too far downward and as a result the assembly clamp region would impinge upon the superior aspect of the fairing edge...loosened and rotated upward to solve.

Please add your findings here, if you would.

Thanks
    Self Inflicted!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

I know white smoke was an "issue" seen in a few launch video's and I believe some reports of it on this forum with members bikes. Not sure what the cause was for that.

The smoke is a break it thing.... The more you ride and more miles you attain, the lower the smoking issue becomes. Not so say that there will not be an issue with some but follow the proper break in and you will be guaranteed to have less of a hassle if the issue does not go away after time. Here is my experience.

Picked up the bike and the dealer took it outside to warm it up. Very slow starting and once started, there was noticable but not significant smoke. There was a perceptable odor of burning oil but barely visible.
    Day 2. 35 miles on odo: Started the bike after installing the Termi and large and very visible clouds of smoke eminated from the exhaust. Upon reving, visual and the scent of oil the smoke would increase. 3 minutes of idle and throttle bumps resulted in visible oil smoke and burning oil scent still detectable.
    Day 3. 220 miles on odo: No visible smoke but an odor of oil was present.
    Day 4. 333 miles started in the garage, some scent of burning oil present during throttle bumps only and black exhaust noted but nothing blue during throttle bumps.
    Day 5. 360 miles same as day 4.

Based upon these findings, I expect that by the time my 620 miles are done, the bike will be smoke and odor free.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

Starting problem when warm/operating temprature... Many Panigale owners have complained about this. It happened to me to about 4~5 times.

Solution: Give it a little gas while cranking and she will start right up. I guess this is a temporary solution until Ducati comes up with something.

Never had cold start problems.

check to make sure your front fork reflectors are securely attached.

check to see that your fairing screws are tight.

Check your oil level regularly during the break in period and top up as needed, you might need to add some. This is not a fault, just a reminder as these engines can burn some during this time
    I've added half a quart and since then level is stable.

Check to make sure everything is tight and snug and keep a close eye on the oil levels.

Fairing screws are the only things that have loosened up so far

Put your bike on a battery tender after every ride and see how long it takes for the tender to move from a "solid red" light to a "blinking green" within a minute. If not, there may be charging issues that will leave you stranded.

My two problems for the moment are 2 lost screws from fairing and the main screen made some bubbles from inside the lcd. It remains functional but i told already the ducati about the problem and now i wait the new lcd to come..

13. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.