Issue with new alarm system install

Issue with new alarm system install

I MAY be having issues with the Alarm that was installed on Saturday 11/10/12.

My Immobilizer/Anti-theft LED light on the dash does not blink anymore when the bike is turned off. It stopped blinking after the new Alarm was installed on Saturday and I didn't notice until later that day when I got home. I called the dealer and he asked if the manuals said that it would or wouldn't blink if the Alarm was installed; at that time I didn't know for sure. The Dealer's impression at that time was that the new Alarm system that was just installed would override the stock one. When I got home I read over the Owners manual and the New Alarm installation instructions and here's what I found.

If you have the owners manual check out page 32 (note #11) and the the figure (Fig. 12) on page 33 that page 32 refers to. That was the LED light that when I turned my bike off before the New Alarm was installed.

If you have the new Alarm instructions; refer to page 6 & 7 in the sections "Condition with ENABLED alarm system:", "Arming the alarm system:" and "Armed state". In each section it refers to the LED blinking; indicating the Alarm is set/armed/enabled. But my LED from the owners manual that I was referring to above is now NOT blinking after the new Alarm was installed.

Another thing I noticed; when the alarm sounds, as if the bike was being tampered with, I can still put the key in the ignition and start the bike while the alarm is still sounding. (Could be because of the security key being the correct key, but wanted to call that out too)

Anyone ever heard of this issue or knows a fix to get my LED indicator blinking again?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

I had the factory alarm installed just last week and my dashboard led no longer blinks either. I think this is probably a normal result of having the factory alarm, even though the manual says the led should blink. Maybe the manual is just written wrong (which is likely as it is translated into like 5 languages from Italian). I can also start the bike with the alarm activated if I use the proper security key. I think the alarm only prevents the bike from starting without the proper key and just adds a shock sensor and siren for deterrent only. Not much of an alarm considering it costs alomost $400, plus install. Had i read this thread before buying the alarm, I would have passed on it entirely and saved the money. A good old disc lock is probably more effective.

I spoke with DucatiUSA last week and he said that Ducati told him that they are re-doing the instruction manual to remove the blinking light verbiage. I guess they don't want to fix the alarm

5. Remove Advertisements
    Ducati Panigale Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Not a Member Yet? Please Register Now.

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Already a Member? Please Log-in.